2021 Because You Care Cup
Join us on September 18th and 19th, 2021 for the 7th Annual Because You Care Cup! Over the past five years, this event has raised more than $393,000 for the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation. The 2020 version of this event was cancelled due to the COViD-19 Pandemic.
This fun-filled event is a unique and exciting way to bring friends, families and colleagues together for a little friendly competetion... all in support of the Cape Breton Cancer Centre!
Visit our Facebook Page for updated information.
We look forward to seeing you in Membertou on September 18th and 19th!
Schedule of events
Schedule of weekend to be annouced in Early September.
Encourage your team to raise as many pledges as possible! Pledges received will be forwarded to Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation (CBRHF) to benefit the re-development of the Cape Breton Cancer Centre.
Please turn your team’s pledges in to the Because You Care Cup Committee at Captain's Meeting located in the Cafeteria of the Cape Breton Regional Hospital on September 11th at 5PM or to the Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation's Officer located in in the Healthpark, Suite 209 at 45 Weatherbee Road in Sydney. Tax receipts will be issued for pledges of $20 or more. All donations made online will be automatically and immediately tax receipted via email.
Pledges can be collected online with your online team page located on this site or you can use or paper pledge form located here. Paper pledge forms must be passed in at Captain's Meeting on September 8th 2021.
Date of the meeting with be September 8th 2021 and location will be announced!
We will go over the schedule for the weekend and answer any questions you may have. Your team waivers for the Festival should be passed in at this time. You will be given bracelets for team members who have signed waivers. Team members will not be permitted to play unless they are wearing the identifying bracelet to indicate that they have signed the waiver.
Please submit a brief team profile for the announcers to use as an introduction before each game starts. Please e-mail your team’s introduction to the organizing committee at Becauseyoucarecup@gmail.com by September 10th, 2021.
We need a lot of community support to make this event happen including the help of amazing volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering for this event and would like to find out more information, please email Becauseyoucarecup@gmail.com
Parking is limited is available at all signed parking lots around Membertou Hertitage Park and Membertou Trade and Convention Centre, but please do not park in gas station lot!
Supplies Needed for Tournament
- two different colour shirts - Light/Dark
- Sticks and Shoes are required for all players.
- Any make or model of stick can be used. Plastic, graphite, wood, aluminum, etc. are all acceptable. There is no such thing as an illegal curve in street hockey. However, sticks that are chipped or broken or deemed "dangerous" in any way may not be used. All sticks will be inspected / observed by the referee before and during each game.
- Players ages 13 or younger MUST wear eye protection during all games. Eye protection is defined as either a helmet with a full cage / visor OR fully protective goggles that entirely cover the eye against the face.
- Eye protection is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for all other players, but is not mandatory.
- Helmets, jocks, gloves, shin guards and mouth guards are also STRONGLY ENCOURAGEDfor all players, but are not mandatory.
- Teams to provide own goalie gear.
Things to Keep In Mind On Tournament Weekend
- Please check-in on Saturday at the Membertou Heritage Park Building when your team arrives.
- Be prepared for weather changes.
- Arrive early for warm-up.
- Please remember that the referees on site are volunteers!
- Glass bottles are not permitted on site.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on site.
- Smoking is not permitted on the site.
- A wonderful time is guaranteed!
- Have all team members register to your team
- Write a team introductory blurb and send to Becauseyoucarecup@gmail.com by September 10th
- Encourage team spirit, and come ready for fun and friendly Competation!